Thursday, September 25, 2008

Moving on

My mother has trouble sleeping these days. She came in the living room that day and lied down on the sofa. I was reading there. I sat beside her as if I was going to read her a piece from Paoulo Coehlo's 'LIKE THE FLOWING RIVER'. She waited to listen with closed eyes. I didn't read. She opened her eyes and then went back to sleep again. I kept watching her by her side. Suddenly I mused there was a time when I could be held in the expanse of her folded arms. All I knew was her eyes and face. All I could do was look at her , smile , yawn and ofcourse cry.Every action would fill her heart with love and she would never get tired of feeding me cleaning me. All she wants now is my presence to sooth her. So evident by how beautifully she slept on the sofa because I was sitting by her side. But I will have to go soon. The life which is routine today will just be a memory. A lovely one. She is fighting against the lonliness that would come inevitably. Desperately trying to hold on......something we all have to go through in our lives as life simply moves on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to have your comments/suggestions....